Halloween: Bloody Dagger Halloween Cupcakes
Posted on October 05 2019
These bloody dagger cupcakes are a sweet and sort of twisted way to say Happy Halloween. Making them are simple and fun. The inspiration to create my bloody dagger Halloween cupcakes was to entertain and scare party guests but baking these sweet treats also makes a fun activity with the family during the Halloween season. You can bake your cake mix from scratch or opt in for a simpler option and go with Betty Crocker. I personally like to pair the sweetness of vanilla icing with a yellow cake mix but any flavor cake works. The homemade steel colored chocolate daggers and fake blood will take your everyday cupcakes to the next level and all you need is a microwave.
These are not your everyday cupcakes there are a few more items you will need besides the mix and icing of your choice. The ingredients and supplies are easily attainable at your local supermarkets or online and are inexpensive. So if you are ready to get started then continue on to get the list of items you need to make the bloody chocolate candy daggers and the cupcakes. The directions will take you step by step to making a killer Halloween treat everyone will remember and make everyone paranoid. Watch your back!
Bloody Dagger Halloween Cupcakes
Chocolate Candy Daggers:
- Melt the black and white chocolate candies in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals on high. Be careful the bowl may get hot.
- Mix the black and white chocolate together with a teaspoon.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 until the chocolates have melted completely and blended to make a steel grey color. It may be slightly thick depending on the candy and how it melts but just keep mixing with teaspoon to “warm it up”. Don’t worry it doesn’t totally melt! It does not need to be totally liquified but it should dry flat when it is in the candy knife mold.
- Pour into the mold and fill each knife impression completely. Fill it to the top but it should run over the edges.
- Place in the fridge for one hour.
If you want to streamline the process you can order the knives ready made! It’s a little more expensive.
- Meat Cleaver Royal Icing Candy Decorations, 12 Count by Wilton
- Wilton Halloween Knife Icing Decorations, 12-Count
1 box of Yellow Cake Mix (Follow Directions on Box or read them below and substitute cleaner ingredients where you can. Some may argue thats like ordering a bacon cheese burger and a diet coke but you know what I saved myself some sugar and fresh eggs not only make it taste better but a way better cake. Do what YOU like and tell the healthy hipocrites to squawk on someone else tree)
You will need:
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (I replace with butter or ghee)
3 Eggs (I use fresh organic eggs)
- Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal or glass pan or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan. Grease bottom only of 13″x9″ pan or bottom and sides of all other pans.
- Mix Cake Mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with mixer on medium speed or beat vigorously by hand 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed in chart or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before frosting. Pan Size: 13″x9″ | Two 8″ Rounds | Two 9″Rounds | Bundt® | Cupcakes (makes 24) Bake Time (in minutes )*: 28-33 | 28-33 | 24-29 | 38-43 | 12-17 *If using dark or nonstick pan, bake 3-5 minutes longer. Heat oven to 375°F for shiny metal pan or 350°F for dark or nonstick pan. Spoon batter into cups (about 3 Tbsp each). High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): For all Bundt® pans, heat oven to 325°F; grease and flour pan. Bake 8″ rounds 30-35 min. Make 30 cupcakes.
- Wait till cupcakes are cool and spread on white cake icing and place on a large tray or tiered basket.
- Take your chocolate daggers carefully out of the molds trying not to handle them too much. They are tragic and made of chocolate so you want to them to stay perfect! You can always make more easily if you have left over chocolate. If you do not success try again.
- Stab each cupcake in the center.
- Once all the cupcakes have daggers you want to take red gel icing and drip, smear and line the edges of the blades and dab a little where the knife pierces the cupcake. Swirl the red icing into the white for a more dramatic bloody mess.
- After decorating is complete let cupcakes sit and icing set.
- Display for all to see and scare. Maybe even get a few looks.
Happy I could share this recipe with you. I wont be making them myself this year but you will be! Hopefully. Send me photos I’d love to see.